Regional Job Posting
Des Moines, IA
Position: Interior Design Consultant
Saxton is seeking interior designers that believe space matters and want to make a difference at work. The right candidates will thrive on seeking to solve the right problems, are naturally curious, see opportunity where others might see barriers, and take initiative to be engaged. They will navigate the design process with an eye on desired outcomes. They will seek to master the research and trends impacting our clients and their organizations and see design as a strategic lever. They will be able to zoom out to see the big picture and at the same time zoom in to see the details that matter.
• Study trends and industry research
• Navigate the design process
• Collaborate with design and construction industries
• Deep expertise in furnishings and finishes
• Develop and process design details
• Develop and maintain customer relationships
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
• Experience preferred for Corporate position
• Experience required for Healthcare position, 5 years preferred
• Technology proficient (Revit, Rendering)
• Excellent communication skills
Des Moines, IA
Position: Outside Cabinet Sales Representative
• Meet and exceed existing client’s expectations resulting with increased sales/revenue
• Identify and establish new client base with (yet not limited to) builders, remodelers, contractors, designers, dealers, fabricators, facility managers, architects and end-customers in assigned territory
• Develop a sales plan for all customers to achieve maximum territory growth through a relationship-based approach with daily, weekly and monthly interaction with customers and prospects
• Achieve sales goals, gross margin expectations and profitability targets
• Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, credit terms, etc.
• Consult with clients after the sale to resolve problems, answer questions and to provide ongoing support and training
• Monitor market conditions, products and competition
• Provide recommendations to achieve sales goals/objectives
• Provide customers with product samples, displays, on-going training, etc.
• Maintain product knowledge, awareness of competitive issues and a high level of customer satisfaction
• Perform administrative tasks to include, yet not limited to, sales reports/ records; expense reports; sales orders, etc.
• Provide accurate and timely information for managing the business: daily and weekly itineraries including sales strategies, competitive data, sales forecasts, and expense management
• Work closely with management, peers, inside cabinet design dept., customer service and showroom to provide exceptional value to customers
• Prefer 3+ years of proven outside sales expertise, preferably in a related field and/or industry
• Outstanding verbal/ written communication and presentation skills
• Strong negotiation and listening skills
• Excellent work ethic and a commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Self-motivated; positive individual having the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Daily outside office territory travel. Some overnight travel possible but not typical.
• Experience canvassing and cold-calling into various types of local businesses, with evidence of consistent and current success
• Excellent at building and maintaining personal/business relationships.
• Time and territory management skills
• Organized with the ability to successfully multi-task
• Computer savvy (Microsoft Office and Internet)
• Reliable and presentable vehicle required for daily use
• Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
This is the last day to apply December 31st, 2017
Des Moines, IA
Position: Interior Designer
OPN Architects is an award-winning architectural firm with multiple studios serving the greater Midwest. Our open studio environment nurtures excellence and rewards professional growth. We are currently seeking talented Interior Designers to join our dynamic team in our Des Moines office. Senior and entry level positions are available. The ideal candidate will have a 4-year Interior Design degree, 5 or more years of experience desired, or a minimum of 2+ years’ experience. Experience in an architectural design firm is a plus.
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant Our open studio environment and collaborative approach to architecture and design requires that you work well with others and consistently build strong relationships with teammates and clients. The right person for our studio will have a balanced skill set including: Revit and various rendering software, understanding of programming and space planning, construction documents, lighting design, interior building materials, furniture specifications, etc. Strong communication, leadership, and documentation skills are critical for success in our highly energized office culture.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit, by email, a resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include the word Interior Designer in the subject line. See what we’re all about at www.opnarchitects.com! Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This is the last day to apply 11/22/2017
Position: Interior Designer
Contact: Jessica Doolittle
Experience: 5+ years of experience in interior design
Altus Architectural Studios, Inc. of Omaha, NE, is seeking a qualified individual for an Intermediate level Interior Designer to work full time in the Omaha office. Duties will include working on multiple projects during numerous phases, from design development through construction administration. Project design work ranges firm interior architectural design to interior materials and specifications to furniture services. Altus is a Revit based firm – knowledge and proficiency is a key skill for this position. Additional basic computer skills in office software programs also a must. Applicant should have strong leadership, organizational and communication skills imperative for a collaborative team environment.
Application materials: Cover Letter, Resume, References, Portfolio.
Please remit inquires to Jessica Doolittle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Sales Reps & Designers
Dick Messerschmidt, Incorporated is looking to hire sales reps and designers in several territories.
If you’ve recently graduated with a design degree, or are NCIDQ Certified, or especially are a “designer with design and specification experience”, or a Sales Rep with experience in the Commercial Furniture or Building Industry then we would like to hear from to you.
You’ll need to be an energetic self-starter, passionate about your work and our industry, and must have the desire & drive to compete. Some travel is required. Salary + commission positions are available, plus expenses and mileage. Additional benefits to be discussed. If you like advancement and want to be extremely successful, please send your confidential resume along with any information to Cameron Messerschmidt @ email@example.com or to Dick Messerschmidt @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Your information will be held in strict confidence.
Dick Messerschmidt Inc. is an Ofs Brands Representative. Our current Team and all our Manufacturers can be viewed at www.dmessinc.com.
Des Moines, IA
Position: Full Time Interior Designer
Contact: Joe Anderson
Koch Brothers is a128 year old Commercial Interiors Dealership in Des Moines, Iowa. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our design team on a full time basis. An ideal candidate would be a detail oriented, creative problem solver who is confident in a fast paced environment. At Koch Brothers we are committed to leadership, integrity and relationships and seek to find great people who value the same things. Job responsibilities include managing multiple projects, furniture layout and specification, space planning, responding to RFPs, proposal generation and procurement, business to business project development and promotion of Koch Brothers and client development.
- Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents and furniture and materials procurement.
- Provide design support for completion and execution of design projects. from initial meeting to project order.
- Educate architects, designers and clients on the company, manufactures and products represented by Koch Brothers.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Participate in selection of furniture systems and ancillary furnishings and accessories; create FF&E specifications.
- Provide project team coordination for the plans, specifications and materials.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and samples.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Experience creating bid documents and developing furniture standards· Coordinate procurement installation schedules phases
- Programming, schematic/conceptual design, design development, contract documents, procurement contract administration, project management of project until completion and client satisfaction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Interior Design degree from a 4 year accredited program minimum required
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up and 3d rendering a plus
- Additional knowledge in specification software is a plus
- Background and experience in workplace design.
- Well rounded experience in FF&E specification, as well as design development, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Experience in Furniture Specification, bid documentation and bidding analysis
- Familiarity with major commercial furniture lines.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.
- Detail Oriented
- Self Motivated
- Skilled communicator
- Handles stressful situations and deadlines well
Position: Lead Interior Designer
Are you ready for the next step in your design career ? Looking for an opportunity to be a key decision maker and influencer in your next position ? BOLD Office Solutions, a Kimball Office Select Dealer is seeking a highly motivated individual, passionate about design and wanting to become the Lead Designer in a growing furniture dealership environment. The role includes being the primary point of contact for building successful relationships within A&D.
The ideal candidate possess an Interior Design Degree with 4+ years of design and customer relationship experience. AutoCAD skills and attention to detail is also a must.
Position: Regional Sales Associate
Contact: Dan Mahlik
Candidates with previous contract furniture industry experience, strong A&D and B2B selling skills are preferred. Strong communication, new business development, and negotiation skills are recommended. Experience working with end users and the Architect and Design community is desired. Highly organized, self-motivated and goal oriented individuals find thrive within our organization.
Duet Resource Group is seeking a self-motivated, energetic Sales Representative to market its commercial furniture solutions in Nebraska, working from our downtown Omaha design studio. The successful candidate will concentrate on building market share in the territory through new business development and growing/maintaining existing accounts. You will work closely with influential A&D firms and end users to drive business. The market segments you will cover in this role include college and university, K-12, federal government, and commercial business. If you have a love for architecture and design, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
All Makes Office Equipment
Position: Interior Designer (Omaha)
Contact: Gretchen Golter
All Makes Office Equipment Co., is a family owned business since 1918. We are a full-service office furniture dealership with projects, not only in Nebraska, but nationwide as well. We believe our many years of experience has allowed us to provide the changing workplace with creative solutions through a strong sales and design team.
All Makes offers opportunities for enthusiastic and creative designers. We are interested in you, whether you are experienced or just starting in the career field. All Makes Designers are an integral part of the team and imperative to our projects successes. We have many benefits, including health insurance, 401 (K) plan, free parking and a great work atmosphere.
These are required by the applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architectural studies/interior design required.
• Experience and proficiency in use of Auto-CAD, 3-D rendering program and skills to learn new products and programs.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple projects, simultaneously
• Excellent communication and team building skills
• Excellent attention to detail
Eakes Office Solutions
Position: Interior Designer
Contact: Kevin Fries
General Description: Eakes Office Solutions, a Steelcase and multi-line commercial furniture dealer with offices across Nebraska, is seeking to add a full-time designer in our Grand Island or Lincoln showroom. As a Designer, you will:
- Evaluate client needs and determine scope of services required.
- Determine proper product application and generate layout, typicals, and budget estimates based on client needs.
- Prepare drawings, renderings, selection of color, materials, and finishes and/or sample boards and present design concepts to Sales Representatives and to clients.
- Produce complete, accurate specifications and drawings using current software, planning guides, standards, and procedures.
- Finalize and generate all necessary drawings and project documents required for installation.