Regional Job Posting
Position: Teknion Sales
Contact: Doug Meyer
This position is responsible for selling and marketing Teknion products to dealers/end users within a given geography. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; establishing and/or maintaining business partnership with dealers; making dealer, end user, and design firm sales calls and presentations; maintaining accurate and up to date forecasts; increasing Teknion’s sales volume and market share within the given territory.
Sales and New Business Development
Approximately 60% of your time should be spent on the following activities:
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed upon territorial revenue goals across all product categories and market segments.
- Work in conjunction with dealer partners to identify and help to develop strategic relationships with potential customers. Develop new business opportunities through proven sources and techniques to contribute to the success of the market area.
- A minimum of 50% of selling time should be spent on new business development activities (which equates to 30% of your job)
- Engage in networking opportunities through organizations such as CoreNet and real estate service providers
- Make dealer, end users and design firm sales calls, either alone or in conjunction with other members of the Teknion team, i.e.: Product Specialist, Global Accounts or A&D Market Manager.
- Team up and collaborate with dealers and other Teknion team members on strategy to increase market share.
- Deliver impactful presentations to customer groups, utilizing strong probing, relationship -building and problem solving skills.
- Provide high-level follow through to ensure clients’ needs are met and opportunities for improved relationships and new business are maximized.
Approximately 25% of your time should be spent on the following activities:
- Support assigned dealers with product training, allocation and understanding of Teknion resources (who to call, scheduling product managers in the market, etc.)
- Assess what training is needed by the dealer – suggest e-learn course assignments, advocate for dealer attendance at Teknion Live training sessions, get resources from NJ or Toronto to conduct live training in the market if needed
- Dealer/Teknion Annual Business Plan
- Lead the Meeting
- Ensure that quarterly updates are scheduled and attended
- Develop Dealer/Teknion Calendar – events, product launches, Minimum Standards due dates, etc.
- Assign strategies and tactics and be responsible for a portion – ensure that all get completed
- Complete the SQ Portion and take action on this section (expire, renew, renegotiate pricing, tec.)
- Develop a Gap Analysis – Dealer Sales Goal less closed business, and percent of identified business
- Work with RVP to determine Teknion dollars spent in the market (Events, Mock ups, Marketing Materials, etc.) and help strategize on what will get Teknion our best return on dollars spent.
- Develop and execute on an overall territory plan which includes annual goals and objectives
- Participate in Distribution Evaluation
Approximately 15% of your time should be spent on the following activities:
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of all Teknion products as well as the competitors’ offering.
- Comply with all training requirements (e-learnings, etc)
- Maintain current and accurate project forecasts in CRM database
- Utilize all tools encompassed in Salesforce Automation.
- Maintain thorough understanding and proper use of Teknion standards and protocols for discounting.
- Provide timely responses to bid requests.
- Prompt, reliable and regular attendance.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external partners
- Work in a manner that is consistent with the overall goals and direction of the corporation.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives
- Ability to travel, including overnight, approximately 40% of the time. This will vary depending on size of territory.
Experience, Skill and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results
- Entrepreneurial attitude, ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and highly motivated
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and closing techniques
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with strong emphasis on listening.
- Advanced selling skills, e.g. qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling knowledge, ability to ‘close’.
Strong problem solver.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to create, build and maintain relationships with customers, influencers, dealers and sales team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to learn and utilize Teknion systems as required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Des Moines, Iowa
Position: Interior Designer
Contact: Lisa Chamberlin
INVISION is looking for an Interior designer to join our team and help lead the design of innovative facilities of all types through all phases of design and construction
Applicants should have a professional degree in Interior Design and be NCIDQ certified or on track towards certification. Revit, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite skills are required. Professional experience in A&D firm preferred. Proficiency in furniture specifications and Healthcare design is a benefit. Applicants should be available to present a portfolio and attend a personal interview. All resumes and sample portfolios due by March 10th. Apply online at http://www.invisionarch.com/careers/opportunities/
INVISION is a 60-person planning, architecture and interior design firm with two offices in Iowa – Des Moines and Waterloo. Our 100 + year history is a solid foundation for our engaged and innovative design teams. Our focus is on building relationships while designing great spaces that help our clients succeed. In short, we are about people, projects and recognition – in support of our clients.
We strive to keep INVISION a fun place to work. In addition to building relationships and designing great spaces, we value creativity, community involvement, collaboration, humor, honesty, accountability and commitment. To support work-life balance, we offer flexible schedules including year long summer hours.
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant 5+ years experience
This is the last day to apply March 10, 2017
Position: Regional Sales Associate
Contact: Dan Mahlik
Candidates with previous contract furniture industry experience, strong A&D and B2B selling skills are preferred. Strong communication, new business development, and negotiation skills are recommended. Experience working with end users and the Architect and Design community is desired. Highly organized, self-motivated and goal oriented individuals find thrive within our organization.
Duet Resource Group is seeking a self-motivated, energetic Sales Representative to market its commercial furniture solutions in Nebraska, working from our downtown Omaha design studio. The successful candidate will concentrate on building market share in the territory through new business development and growing/maintaining existing accounts. You will work closely with influential A&D firms and end users to drive business. The market segments you will cover in this role include college and university, K-12, federal government, and commercial business. If you have a love for architecture and design, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Position: Director of Design
Contact: Sheppard’s Business Interiors
Provide leadership, coaching, and strategic planning to establish operating protocol and procedures for the Design Department. Facilitate and support cohesive, productive working relationships internally as well as with other dealers, manufacturers and the A&D community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to perform, or assist design staff with, duties related to the completion of customer floor plans to include field measurements, space planning, reconfiguration, specification, color schemes, pricing, selection of finishes, and preparation of installation drawings.
• Manage and balance departmental work assignments effectively to ensure timely & accurate completion of work.
• Mentor and ensure adequate training and developmental goals are provided to design staff.
• Participate in recruiting and evaluation of performance for design staff.
• Build and maintain productive and effective working relationships with the Operations and Sales teams.
• Work jointly with manufacturing representatives to foster consistent and productive design initiatives and strategies.
• Build strong working relationships with clients and the A&D community to promote SBI as a knowledge provider and preferred partner for furniture and design support.
• Develop, implement, and ensure execution of fundamental policies and procedures for the design department.
• Promote principles of continuous improvement within Design and the company.
• Organize and facilitate regular departmental team meetings.
• Strategic planning for departmental and company objectives.
• Actively participate as a member of the Leadership team.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architectural studies preferred.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, CAP, and Microsoft Office software applications. Experience with CET Configura software desired.
• Working knowledge of office systems furniture.
• Minimum of five years in space planning and design preferred.
• Minimum of three years of direct supervision or management preferred.
• Association with industry organizations such as ASID, IIDA, and IFMA along with NCIDQ certification is preferred.
• Excellent leadership, training, team-building and mentoring skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage time effectively, manage multiple tasks, prioritize assignments and meet agreed upon deadlines.
• Excellent and proactive verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate varying work volumes and assignments.
Position: A&D Solutions Specialist
Contact: Sheppard’s Business Interiors
Responsible for executing strategies that will enable efficient networking, prospecting and generation of Architectural and Design (A&D) relationship opportunities.
• Align on foundational tools and vision for the A&D strategy.
• Participate in development and execution of the A&D strategies to expand our market share in the Omaha metropolitan area.
• Collaborate with manager to identify and prioritize key A&D prospects. (firms)
• Create strategic plans for top firms.
• Ideate, collaborate, plan, and execute value added touch points with prioritized firms.
• Identify conferences and events that SBI should participate in. Organize and execute event, engaging necessary participants from SBI, Steelcase, and other vendors.
• Build consistent coursework opportunities to be offered to emerging leaders of prioritized firms.
• Create and manage monthly “Design Inspiration Guide” and distribute to firms.
• Manage “value add” drop off items for promotions, education, and recognition.
• Assess, research, and recommend vendors that will supplement SBI’s A&D initiative.
• Foster relationships with key vendors, leverage their resources and identify subject matter experts.
• Offer recommendations for how SBI showroom can be fully utilized regarding A&D prospects.
• Actively engage and participate in business events, functions, and organizations with the goal to promote SBI and generate opportunities for both short and long-term growth in the Omaha market.
• Build and maintain trusted and respected client relations by promoting a consultative sales approach utilizing mutually agreed expectations throughout the sales process.
• Contribute to effective and cohesive working relationships with all departments and functions within the company.
• Coordinate project completion with internal customer support team.
• Attend and actively participate in team and Sales Department meetings.
• Complete accurate and timely sales activity reports as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Education or experience in the architectural and design field preferred.
• Proven ability to initiate, develop, and maintain successful client relations and business relationships within the community.
• Desire to be actively involved in networking opportunities, activities, and organizations within the community.
• Well-developed written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Intermediate level with computer skills.
• Ability to travel to attend meetings, conferences, and training.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and communicate effectively internally and externally.
• Ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement in an organization.
Des Moines or Omaha
Position: Outside Sales
Contact: Leah Blake
Looking for seasoned, self-starter Sales Professional to join our growing Independent Rep Group, covering the Iowa and Nebraska territories. Representing manufacturers of contract and residential products – textiles, wall covering, furniture and hard surface materials. Emphasizing high standards of design, quality of manufacturing, customer service and endurance of style. Territory has tremendous potential for growth.
Base Salary + commission
Strong contacts and knowledge of the local interior design community is preferred. Devoted to cultivating client relationships and bringing their design visions to life.
If you share our passion for design and excellence, and are eager to embark on an exciting, challenging and rewarding selling career, please submit your resume for review.
Due Date: 10/31/16
All Makes Office Equipment
Position: Interior Designer (Omaha)
Contact: Gretchen Golter
All Makes Office Equipment Co., is a family owned business since 1918. We are a full-service office furniture dealership with projects, not only in Nebraska, but nationwide as well. We believe our many years of experience has allowed us to provide the changing workplace with creative solutions through a strong sales and design team.
All Makes offers opportunities for enthusiastic and creative designers. We are interested in you, whether you are experienced or just starting in the career field. All Makes Designers are an integral part of the team and imperative to our projects successes. We have many benefits, including health insurance, 401 (K) plan, free parking and a great work atmosphere.
These are required by the applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architectural studies/interior design required.
• Experience and proficiency in use of Auto-CAD, 3-D rendering program and skills to learn new products and programs.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple projects, simultaneously
• Excellent communication and team building skills
• Excellent attention to detail
Position: Design Applications Specialist (2 available) – (Muscatine, IA)
Contact: Amanda Gates
General Description: The position is responsible for providing design and specification services to our internal and external customers and end users. Position will support remote work/telecommuting, with ability to travel (limited.) Applicant must be willing to travel to Muscatine on an as-needed basis. The individual will apply product knowledge, offer creative design solutions while providing product applications, layouts, and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support technical design requirements such as space planning, typical development, product specifications, and finish selection
- Utilize REVIT, AutoCAD, Cap, ICE and Sketchup software
- Develop designs to illustrate and support architectural product solutions – Beyond Movable Walls
- Utilize value-engineering principles and incorporate information from Tailored Products and Product Development to create and recommend cost-effective, comprehensive design solutions
- Submit and manage tailored product options for custom applications
- Interpret sketches, blueprints and basic drafting principles for product application
- Provide sketches, notes, and illustrations/renderings to recommend product applications and visually communicate design intent or product recommendations
- Complete on-going product training and demonstrate planning directives for Allsteel product solutions
- Become product expert by completing ongoing product training – comfortable with “learning by doing” methodologies
- Estimate hours, manage time, and multi-task projects to effectively allocate hours per project
- Provide details and information in a quick, clean, effective manner and demonstrate team services and processes with competency and professionalism
- Review and interpret RFI, RFQ, and RFP documents to provide product recommendations and specifications for bid responses
- Provide consultative selling support that promotes relevant and impactful solutions to internal and external customers
- Collaborates and communicates with other team members
- Completes all activities while supporting corporate strategies and goals that include brand building and developing customer relationships
- Track, log, and communicate project status
• May include scheduling responsibilities
Position: Interior Designer
General Description: Davis Design Inc. is seeking an experienced interior designer to join our multi-disciplinary design team. Ideal candidate will hold a design degree from a CIDA accredited institution, AutoCAD experience and 3-5 years of previous work in the commercial design sector. Preferred qualifications include REVIT knowledge and Healthcare design experience. We are seeking innovative designers who are team-oriented with the ability to effectively manage working on multiple projects of various scale simultaneously.
- Excels in a collaborative environment, but also able to work independently and source answers
- Comfortable communicating with clients and adapting design to specific project requirements
- Self-motivated, problem-solver with ability to multi-task and operate with organization and efficiency
- Experienced in construction documents including drawings, specifications, and FF&E.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop – Familiarity with Revit and SketchUp
- NCIDQ strongly preferred
- EDAC and/or LEED Accreditation beneficial
Davis Design is the longest active design firm in the state of Nebraska with over 100 years of design excellence. We are looking for talented team members to continue the legacy of quality design and client satisfaction. This is a full time position with competitive compensation and benefits and the opportunity to grow.
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant Hold a design degree from a CIDA accredited institution, AutoCAD experience and 3-5 years of previous work in the commercial design sector. Preferred qualifications include REVIT knowledge and Healthcare design experience.
Eakes Office Solutions
Position: Interior Designer
Contact: Kevin Fries
General Description: Eakes Office Solutions, a Steelcase and multi-line commercial furniture dealer with offices across Nebraska, is seeking to add a full-time designer in our Grand Island or Lincoln showroom. As a Designer, you will:
- Evaluate client needs and determine scope of services required.
- Determine proper product application and generate layout, typicals, and budget estimates based on client needs.
- Prepare drawings, renderings, selection of color, materials, and finishes and/or sample boards and present design concepts to Sales Representatives and to clients.
- Produce complete, accurate specifications and drawings using current software, planning guides, standards, and procedures.
- Finalize and generate all necessary drawings and project documents required for installation.
Position: Architecture & Design Representative (Omaha, NE)
General Description: encompas is looking to add yet another talented interior designer to represent our products to the architectural and design communities of Omaha and Lincoln. If you love the interior design profession and are passionate about office furniture, we think we have a great opportunity for you!
Experience level can vary but 1 – 5 years is preferred. Autocad skill is necessary. Come see what the excitement is all about!
Position: Channel Sales Manager (Des Moines, IA)
Contact: Click Here
- Assists in developing and executing Dealer strategies that effectively cover non-strategic account business and makes sales calls on new and existing accounts in all vertical markets.
- Works to influence Dealer market strategies to include focus on high-growth market segments (Education, Small and Medium Business, Healthcare) and that the Dealer specifies Herman Miller products as often as possible and where applicable.
- Advises/works on areas of improvement/opportunity with Herman Miller and Dealer leadership and coordinates improvement strategies where needed.
- Works with corporate product and program leads to execute successful market launches.
- Coordinates necessary resources to help assigned Dealers as needed.
- Assesses Sales Readiness needs and progress of assigned Dealers.
- Attends industry functions in assigned market and coordinates Herman Miller/Dealer events.
- Measures and understands key business metrics of assigned Dealers (sales, orders, product mix, share of wallet, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller Sales process, utilizing corporate tools and resources.
- Manages Dealer training schedule assuring Dealer sales force is properly informed on Herman Miller product, programs and processes.
- Proactively maintains Customer Relationship Management (CRM – Salesforce.com) information so MSA Lead can accurately complete required monthly reports.
- Actively participates, when appropriate, in team-based selling activities.
Position: Sales Executive (Lincoln, NE)
General Description: Office Interiors & Design is looking for an exceptional Sales Executive to join our team.
The Sales Executive at OID is responsible for initiating and closing furniture solution sales. Serving as the primary contact for the client during the sales process, the Sales Executive must possess a will to win and work in tandem with the other support functions (design, sales support etc.) to ensure the client needs are met and client satisfaction is achieved.
Position: Design & Project Coordinator – DIRTT (Des Moines, IA)
General Description: The Design and Project Coordinator – DIRTT is responsible for the coordination of all DIRTT projects throughout the sales, design, purchasing, delivery, installation, and follow-up customer satisfaction phases to ensure the project is completed within budget and on time. The Design and Project Coordinator – DIRTT designs and works in tandem with the Sales and Installation departments to secure and execute each project.
BS, BA or BFA degree in interior design, architecture, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior experience with interior design, space planning, facility planning, architectural drafting, AutoCAD, or furniture specification preferred
Strong personal leadership abilities including meeting management, facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, collaboration and prioritization.
Attention to detail, and strong organizational skills are required
Demonstrated ability to lead without formal authority and influence at all levels.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to apply and facilitate systems and process thinking.
Demonstrated ability to identify and manage risks.
Proficiency in using Excel and Word.
Ability to work independently prioritizing work while maintaining high degree of accuracy.
Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.
Application deadline – 2/15/2016
Position: Interior Furnishings Sales Executive for Architects & Interior Designers
You are a key person on the A and D Sales Team to develop trusted relationships with the A and D Community. You must toggle back and forth between zooming out to help them look up and zooming in to help them work through the details. They recommend you and your products to their clients because they know they can count on you. You provide product solutions and a process that puts everyone on the same page resulting in projects that are done on time, within budget and the client and alliance partners are excited to recommend you and use you again.
PRIMARY SEAT ROLE:
Pursue, grow and close business through Interior Design community primarily in the western and central part of Iowa. This includes A and D firms as well as large customers that employ architects and designers. You help guide the designers by providing process, planning, and product solutions for them to lead their customers/clients.
PRIMARY SEAT PROFILE:
Risk oriented, curious learner, strategic thinker, takes initiative, leans in, comfortable with the unknown, and takes ownership. Persistent and resilient. You thrive in chaos, have the capacity to lead and follow, work for win/win outcomes, start anywhere, knowledgeable, focus on the right details, and change oriented. Networking with the design community is a primary responsibility.
PRIMARY SEAT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Deeply embedded and connected to the marketplace, specifically in the A and D market, so that you are seeking and providing referrals and connections for yourself and others to succeed. Study trends and industry research. Collaborate with design and construction industries. Develop furnishings expertise and be proficient in the technology necessary to communicate with the architects and designers.
10 face to face meetings/week. Persistent pursuit of quality opportunities, as a part of a long and complex sales cycle, that is sufficient to meet quotas. Your activity and thinking are strategic. One on one relationship with the key decisions makers in the firms. Group relationships through proactive meetings, discussions and presentations. Marketing programs and presentations. Follow up on requests for information (RFI, RFP, RFQ). Position products for the basis of Specification & utilize Contracts for negotiated work.
Attain monthly & yearly sales and profit quotas.
Retain and further grow all existing alliance relationships while pursuing and developing new alliance relationships that represent.
Maintain accurate CRM and forecast at all times, utilizing them to close more business and communicate to management and owner the results of your work.
Negotiate and obtain authorization to proceed within Saxton’s standard terms.
Protect the financial interests of Saxton.
PRIMARY MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE:
Meets or exceeds sales and profit quota.
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant We prefer at least 2 years of Interior Design experience and/or Sales experience calling on Architectural Firms and a keen understanding of Project Management, but we are willing to train the right candidate. Qualifications include a degree, relationship building extraordinaire, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving skills, accuracy, attention to detail and a passion for design and furnishings.
Sheppard’s Business Interiors
Position: Interior Designer
At Sheppard’s Business Interiors (SBI) we feel strongly that Design is a significant part of our industry and a vital part to our success. We are a full-service furniture dealership supporting the Omaha Metro for over 60-years and we continue to keep a focus on the horizon to meet the needs of the ever-changing workplace environment. Our goal – to partner with our clients to develop powerful environments that will showcase their brand and culture while engaging their people, integrating technology, and driving their business objectives.
SBI offers numerous opportunities for creative and high performing designers. Whether you have just completed your education or are an experienced designer, we may have an opportunity that is a perfect fit for you!
To join our elite team of Designers it is essential that you are passionate about meeting the needs of our clients; a conceptual and strategic thinker who is creative, experienced – or with a good foundation to be technologically savvy in current design software applications, and comfortable managing multiple projects with multiple deliverables and deadlines.
SBI has an outstanding reputation locally and we are in an elite group of award winning dealerships for our industry partner, Steelcase. Our clients are extremely important to us , however, we value our own staff in high regard as they are our most valuable asset. If you are looking for a professional, challenging, and rewarding career within a team based environment, visit our home page at www.sbi-omaha.com for more information. We would enjoy learning more about you and potentially having you help us change the footprint of the work environment. EOE
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant
• Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architectural studies/interior design required or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of Auto-CAD, 3-D rendering programs and ability to learn new programs
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Ability to prioritize work, manage time effectively to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills with the ability work well with various personalities
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong attention to detail
University of Nebraska – Lincoln
Position: Interior Designer Professor
Contact: Lori Bennett Baumli
Check some other postings on University of Lincoln’s website here.
General Description:The faculty seeks highly motivated candidates, versed in the discipline of Interior Design and desire to be part of a collaborative team dedicated to the advancement of an emerging interdisciplinary college within a land-grant institution. Excellence in design and a passion for teaching is our highest priority. As part of this vision we are seeking an exceptional designer who is committed to teaching excellence and is able to spearhead teaching design studios across the curriculum. In addition, the candidate will be expected to contribute to core curriculum courses, as well as develop seminar courses in his or her research area. Expertise in human/environmental behavior, service learning and engagement, interdisciplinary instruction and learning, or the practice of evidence base design is desired.
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant:
1. Experience in professional practice and teaching.
2. Record of creative practice and design-research.
3. Versed in the discipline of Interior Design.
4. Interest in establishing innovative interdisciplinary learning environments through collaboration.
5. Established trajectory in combining design teaching with scholarly work or a disciplinary research agenda.